Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Who I Am

In February 2004 I left my civil service career as communications director for a small Federal regulatory agency. I made this decision with difficulty and sadness. I had worked in the same agency for more than 25 years in both Republican and Democratic administrations. Our mission was like a part of myself, and many co-workers were like family. In the current administration, however, it became impossible to continue in this position. Our agency in its small way had become part of the Great Public Information Shutdown being engineered throughout many facets of our government today.

Public information is the lifeblood of democracy. This blog is an effort to chronicle just part of what has been happening to our First Amendment Rights, including freedom of speech, freedom of the press and public access to information. The more people who are awake to these dangers, the greater our hope of saving the America that we have known.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GET OVER IT.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home